December 1, 2008
So, I’m back from Vegas. I actually got back Saturday afternoon, but I had a lot of rest to catch up on! The trip went well. Getting there was a pain because I had to get through some rush hour traffic at first. So, what would have been a 3.5/4 hour drive turned into 6. But I eventually made it. I stayed at Ceasar’s Palace and got my room comp upgraded from a standard to their Palace Tower Deluxe room.
My room had two queen beds though, but I forgot to take pictures of it so I took these off the casino’s website. Other than that, this is exactly what the room was like. However, I did get a picture of one of their many fountains.
I didn’t hit the jackpot or win any big bucks because I stuck to the penny slots. I’m not much of a gambler I’m more of a drinker so I did plenty of that. Here’s a final picture I remembered to take while I played the penny slots and drank.
My pictures are a little blurry because I spent a lot of time drinking. I didn’t even take many pics because I’ve been to Vegas so many times it just didn’t seem necessary. Anyways, I’m back in Cali and back to work. My obnoxious co-worker is already getting on my nerves! I wish I was back in Vegas! Anyways, hope the rest of you had a great Thanksgiving.
November 25, 2008
It’s that time of year again to give thanks for the things in our lives. I’ve decided to spend this Thanksgiving in Las Vegas so, I’m extra thankful that it’s close enough to me to go. So, I won’t be around the next few days as I’ll be boozing it up and stumbling around the strip. I will leave you with a list of some things that I’m thankful for.
- I’m thankful that even though I’m cartoonishly clumsy, I haven’t yet broken a bone this year…even though I’ve injured my knee three times already.
- I’m thankful for my mom who continues her hope for grandkids even though I’m probably not likely to have kids (at least not on purpose).
- I’m thankful for the friends who remind me of the dumb stuff I do when I drink too much because I do a lot of dumb stuff.
- I’m thankful for the friend who drags himself to the gym with me everyday because the gym sucks but together we manage to go, and bitch about it the whole way through.
- I’m thankful that my St. Louis Rams managed to win a couple of games so far. Especially against the Cowboys, that win was extra sweet.
- I’m thankful for the paper plates I “borrow” from work and take home because I hate doing dishes.
- I’m thankful for my camera phone so I can take pics of strangers to later make fun of here.
- I’m thankful for my microwave because I don’t really like to cook.
- I’m thankful for my fellow bloggers who keep me entertained with their witty posts and who still read the random crap I write.
- I’m thankful I didn’t catch the cold that’s been going around here so, that I can really enjoy my time in Vegas. Maybe I’ll do lunch with Wayne Newton.
That’s all for now. I’m sure there’s tons more I could list, but I can’t think of it all now. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.