November 25, 2008
It’s that time of year again to give thanks for the things in our lives. I’ve decided to spend this Thanksgiving in Las Vegas so, I’m extra thankful that it’s close enough to me to go. So, I won’t be around the next few days as I’ll be boozing it up and stumbling around the strip. I will leave you with a list of some things that I’m thankful for.
- I’m thankful that even though I’m cartoonishly clumsy, I haven’t yet broken a bone this year…even though I’ve injured my knee three times already.
- I’m thankful for my mom who continues her hope for grandkids even though I’m probably not likely to have kids (at least not on purpose).
- I’m thankful for the friends who remind me of the dumb stuff I do when I drink too much because I do a lot of dumb stuff.
- I’m thankful for the friend who drags himself to the gym with me everyday because the gym sucks but together we manage to go, and bitch about it the whole way through.
- I’m thankful that my St. Louis Rams managed to win a couple of games so far. Especially against the Cowboys, that win was extra sweet.
- I’m thankful for the paper plates I “borrow” from work and take home because I hate doing dishes.
- I’m thankful for my camera phone so I can take pics of strangers to later make fun of here.
- I’m thankful for my microwave because I don’t really like to cook.
- I’m thankful for my fellow bloggers who keep me entertained with their witty posts and who still read the random crap I write.
- I’m thankful I didn’t catch the cold that’s been going around here so, that I can really enjoy my time in Vegas. Maybe I’ll do lunch with Wayne Newton.
That’s all for now. I’m sure there’s tons more I could list, but I can’t think of it all now. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.
November 17, 2008
Aside from hearing about the fires and inhaling all the smoke in Cali. I did find something else to do. I went to a hockey game on Friday night. It was the Anaheim Ducks v. Nashville Predators. We had great seats because my friends co-worker who gave him the tickets is a season ticket holder. Unfortunately the Ducks lost in OT, but it was still a good game even if there weren’t very many fights. Here’s a couple of pics and a video of one of the goal celebrations.
This video isn’t the best quality because I used my cell phone…it was all I had.
November 15, 2008
There’s been fires all over California this week and today it got worse. There is one about 20 miles away from me that has caused the city to be engulfed in smoke. Here’s a picture I took earlier. Keep in mind this picture was taken at 2:30 in the afternoon.
This picture was taken just a block up from my place. It’s really depressing here. My lungs hurt and my eyes sting from all the smoke. I just hope that everyone who’s near the fires is safe and that this gets taken care of soon.
Update: Here’s what the ground looked like this morning. Yep, that’s ash and it’s everywhere. I’ll have a more upbeat post tomorrow. Today I’m just going to stay in and avoid the smokey air.
November 10, 2008
I need to take a temporary leave of my blog. I’m still working on dial-up at home and therefore am rarely online. And to top things off my company has decided to eliminate all internet access for now. So, I actually have to work when I’m there. I know…crazy, huh? So, I just won’t be around as much. I’m more likely to come by and comment on your blogs, but don’t expect too many new posts in the near future. Look forward to reading everyone else blogs in the interim and I hope to be back to regular posting soon.
November 6, 2008
Green Apples & Kool Aid Presents Real Men of Genius
(Real Men of Genius)
Today we salute you, Mr. Stupid Name Private Hire DJ Guy.
(Mr. Stupid Name Private Hire DJ guy)
You could have easily come up with any number of names to draw attention, but instead you chose one that reflects gang activity and flaunt it proudly.
(Somebody call the police)
You don’t care what your name implies or that you may never get hired as long as you never lose street cred while living in your mom’s garage.
(Sleeping next to the washer and dryer)
Cheap turntables purchased at a yard sale? Check. 80’s records? Check. Your 13 year old cousin to help you unload your stuff? Check.
(Gonna do the Electric Slide)
So crack open an ice cold beer, oh master of the record scratch, because being a self-centered jackass is what life’s all about.
(Mr. Stupid Name Private Hire DJ Guy)
November 4, 2008
It’s election day! Time for everyone to get to the polls and vote. There was early voting in California, but the polls were packed and closed earlier so, I’m going to just vote today. I’m leaving work early to get my vote in. I’m not saying who I’m voting for because I won’t discuss politics on my blog. Drunken debauchery, yes. Politics, no. However, I do think it’s important that everyone gets out there and makes their vote count! So, get on it people!
Update: Well, I did my patriotic duty and voted. The polls were not packed for me so I was in and out of there in like 10 minutes.
Now, I’m just waiting to see what the results are for the propositions.